Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:55:17 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using PCMCIA ATA adaptor

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : I have a Kingston StrataDrive Plus adaptor, which in conjunction with a
> : Windoze driver (and Kingston drives *only*) allow a 2nd ATA drive to be
> : connected to a laptop.  Any chance that it can be used with FreeBSD?
> :
> : 5.3-STABLE says "ata2: <PC CARD MANUFACTURER PCMCIA ATA/ATAPI Adapter>"
>
> Quite likely.  What's the problem you are seeing?

Well, it's not seeing the disk drive that's physically attached to it,
although it does spin up...

stinky# atacontrol info 2
Master:      no device present
Slave:       no device present

stinky# atacontrol mode 2
Master = BIOSPIO
Slave  = BIOSPIO

Looks like I'm out of luck?

The full dmesg output (which I'd truncated) is:

ata2: <PC CARD MANUFACTURER PCMCIA ATA/ATAPI Adapter> at port 0x180-0x187,0x386-0x387 irq 11 function 0 config 37 on pccard0

-- Dave