Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:17:50 +0200
From:      Rink Springer <mail@rink.nu>
To:        Alain Hebert <ahebert@pubnix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 6300ESB SATA - Now Tyan B5350G20S2H-LC

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

>     If anybody has a hint (or Hints) let me know...

I've had simular issues with an Asus PCH-DR motherboard: it would crash
with BTX errors upon install with a recent FreeBSD version, hang at very
odd intervals etc.

turned out that the raid bios (Promise) was the culprit. once
I removed all SATA drives from it (which caused the RAID BIOS not to
install itself), the box had no issues and did 100+ days of uptime until
a power failure caused it to reboot... :(

It may be a long shot (as this is a completely different motherboard)
but it may be worth a try, as you seem to use the on-board RAID as well.

--=20
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
  "Richter: Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
   Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions."
 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--