Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:40:54 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3-RELEASE jdk14 status

Achilleus Mantzios wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tested jdk 1.4.2-p6 (compile,install,run) on 5.3-RELEASE?
> In particular, what is the status of -server switch, eclipse,
> jboss,etc..??
> Are the gcc 3.4.x issues resolved?

I did test all of the above, not on 5.3-RELEASE, but on 5-STABLE (the
difference should be minimal right now). Everything works fine. JBoss &
Eclipse with either client or server VM, browser plugin, debugging, you
name it. Now, it would be interesting to see some benchmarks, with KSE
and all.

Cheers,
Panagiotis