Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 96 20:42 EST
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel Apache Motherboard????

>From: "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
>Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 16:49:28 -0800 (PST)
>
>NONE!  The Orion chip set is seriously flawed in several design aspects,
>and even the B0 stepping will not fix these flaws.  Until the second
>generation P6 chip sets come out of Intel my advice on Pentium Pro is
>simply _don't_ do it.

Could you provide particulars or a URL?  For example, Intel's web
server says that a bursting PCI device can lock out an ISA device, and
advises that one only use PCI-master NICs, for example.  Is that all
that's wrong, or is it something that can't be worked around?

Thanks,
Barney Wolff  <barney@databus.com>