Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:56:05 -0400
From:      "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
To:        "Eric Lam" <ecrim@earthlink.net>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD System Utilities?

> I'm a NT/2K Server person, transitioning to FreeBSD.  Is there
> some type of Scandisk/Disk Doctor for FreeBSD?  Or I shouldn't even
> bother needing one?

Well I'm new to FreeBSD, but in general in Unix 'fsck' ("file system
checker" IIRC) will run when needed.

> And should I install some type of antivirus for FreeBSD?

FreeBSD is anti-virus ;-)

For the most part, there are no Unix "virii" but you can protect yourself
somewhat by not running as root (makes it harder to bugger your system).

There are definitely Unix trojan horse programs out there, but not the type
of virii you are used to in the Windows world

HTH

TjL

--
TjL <luomat@peak.org>