Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:41:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a little bit more information on the jaz drive situation...

Bruce Evans writes:

> >	The suggestion you made about ffs_unmount() and
> >vn_close() halfway worked.  I reversed the order of the calls,
> >and the drives are now able to eject once they've been unmounted.
> >Unfortunately, however, something is still wrong because if you
> >try to reinsert the cartridge and mount it again, it ends up
> >complaining that the device is busy.  I'm guessing here, but does
> >this have something to do with some other counter not being
> >decremented properly so that the kernel thinks the device is
> >still being used?

> Try the fix in -current.

	I'll sup it and try it out tonight.  For temporary use
I've got the "> 2" patch installed so I can back things up
normally, but I'd like to have a real fix...

> The bug affects my zip drive too.  It worked a week or two ago, but
> not today for ufs mounted file systems.  It still works for ext2fs
> mounted file systems because there is no vmio stuff for ext2fs.

	I haven't played with ext2fs at all - might be a reason
to play with caldera at some point.  The bug affected my JAZ and
my EZ135 drives...

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead