Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:47:44 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Lachlan O'Dea <odela01@ca.com>
Cc:        Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>, FreeBSD Security <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ENOUGH!!! Re: [openssh-unix-announce] Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability (fwd)

* Lachlan O'Dea <odela01@ca.com> [020625 00:18] wrote:
> Theo de Raadt wrote:
>
> > Jason Stone wrote:
> >
> >>Release now and let the community help you fix the bug (since
> >>apparently it's so complicated that you can't fix it right away on your
> >>own...).
> >

> >It took about 3 minutes for the first rev.
>
> So you are saying that you already have a patch that fixes the
> vulnerability? If so, it seems to me that delaying the release does more
> harm than good.

*sigh*

People don't get that what Theo is doing is very fair.

He's giving everyone a chance to protect themselves, the only people
that are getting screwed are those that are too damn lazy to adapt
the 'priv' stuff to their OS.

Quit your whining and submit patches to update your favorite version
of FreeBSD already!

thanks,
-Alfred