Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:20:35 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, drussell@saturn-tech.com, gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, bsampley@bsampley.vip.best.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world time???/

In message <199711131702.KAA01538@Ilsa.StevesCafe.com> Steve Passe writes:
: There is a big gain when going from P5 to P6, about 2:1

I know that I got make world down to about 1:35 on my P6-180.  That
was a full build, -pipe, /usr/src noatime, /usr/obj async, noatime.  I
suspect I could push that closer to 1:10 or so with make -j 4.  I did
my timings last summer before there was support for this in the
kernel.  And that is with a one spindle scsi disk system, narrow, 5400
rpm, aic 7880 on the then -current tree.

There was supposed to be an article in the Free Systems Journal on
this, but I've not seen it yet.

Warner