Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 12:52:54 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        Mark Newton <newton@communica.com.au>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, scrappy@hub.org, grog@lemis.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding New Hard Drives: A Major Complaint

"Jonathan M. Bresler" writes:
>On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Mark Newton wrote:
>

>	HEY!   i got a Kennedy 9612 1/2-inch 9-track tape drive here that
>works very well, thank you.
>
>> [ Hey!  At least we'd then have a device that we support which Linux doesn't
>>   <grin> ]
>
>	so we do have a device that we support which Linux doesn't <GRIN>

If you're looking for hardware that works under FreeBSD and not Linux...
We've got a couple of compaq desktop units here with integrated
pci/ether/vga/ide/kitchen sink...  The one running FreeBSD at least
finds the pci bus, linux doesn't.  I had to pull a pci .c file out
of -current, but it at least works.  As for the ether, well that's another
story, but if_de at least gets close enough where I can hack the
driver to get it working.. ;)

>Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
>
>FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
>play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
>ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346

eric.
--
erich@lodgenet.com
erich@rrnet.com