Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 2015 12:51:53 -0500
From:      "Neel Chauhan" <neel@neelc.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Updates to the page "Resources for Newbies"

Hi,
I was browsing FreeBSD.org a few minutes ago, and was on the page
"Resources for Newbies" (even though I'm no "newbie" as I used FreeBSD for
over 2 years!). On this page, I have a few suggestions I'd like to make:

In the last bullet of the "Learning about UNIX" section, the text states:

 * Many other web sites hold lists of UNIX tutorials and reference
material. One of the best places to start looking is the little known
search engine Google.

I don't think that Google is really a "little known search engine"
anymore. Even DuckDuckGo might not be a a "little known search engine"
either.

Another less-important suggestion is in the section "Learning about
FreeBSD-derived projects". This section lists PC-BSD and Mac OS X, but
doesn't mention other popular FreeBSD-based distributions such as pfSense,
FreeNAS, or Juniper Networks' JunOS.

DragonFlyBSD could also be added as it was forked from FreeBSD, but I'm
not 100% sure if it should be included, for the following reasons:
 1. DragonFlyBSD was forked from FreeBSD in 2004
 2. Because DragonFlyBSD was forked in 2004, it evolved differently when
compared to FreeBSD.

Can you (you meaning the FreeBSD Documentation Project members) please
tell me what you think about my suggestions?
Thanks,
Neel