Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 09:54:11 +0100
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>, Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/boot/efi/libefi copy.c elf_freebsd.c src/sys/boot/ia64/libski copy.c elf_freebsd.c src/sys/ia64/acpica madt.c src/sys/ia64/ia64 interrupt.c machdep.c mem.c mp_machdep.c trap.c unwind.c src/sys/ia64/include cpufunc.h db_machdep.h ...

On Monday 20 May 2002 9:07 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20020520200445.998BC380A@overcee.wemm.org>, Peter Wemm writ=
es:
> >Basically write some userland tools to create it according to the spec=
> > and make sure EFI likes it. It Shouldn't Be *That* Hard(TM) :-).
> >
> >It's a convenient time to do it since it's pure 64 bit, and with the U=
FS2
> > and large file system stuff in the pipeline, it would be convenient t=
> > not have to invent Yet Another Proprietary Format.
>
> We're on our way, but it would be nice catching a wild one for compat
> testing.

Since there are no bogus limitations on numbers of partitions etc. we cou=
ld=20
even use GPT partitions directly on EFI platforms instead of subdividing =
a=20
single GPT partition using disklabel (which is typically limited to only =
six=20
usable partitions).

--=20
Doug Rabson=09=09=09=09Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com