Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:17:02 -0700
From:      jbarbee@singular.com (John Barbee)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: future of slpha port

Our top operatives report that on Tue, 02 Jun 1998, you wrote:
:P> i was told that when the loaner went away, the alpha port was given to netbsd
:P
:PWhere did you hear this rubbish?
:P
:P- Jordan

from a mailing search

Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 10:57:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        garys@silcom.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for DEC Alpha ?

> Do you support, or plan to support the DEC Alpha?

For right now, at least, you want the NetBSD Alpha port.  There was
significant progress on the 21064 PCI Alpha systems for a FreeBSD
port, when the loaner machines had to go back.  The lions share of
the useable work (Jeffrey Hsu's) was integrated into the NetBSD
Alpha port.

If someone else has an Alpha port in progress, I don't know about it.

                                        Terry Lambert
                                        terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.