Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:33:06 +0930 (CST)
From:      Justin Hawkins <justin@hawkins.id.au>
Cc:        "gnome@FreeBSD.ORG" <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to setup gpilotd? (was Re: gnome meta-ports doesn't build -> gnomepilot-conduits)

On 17 Sep 2002, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Both ports have been patched today.  Checkout http://www.freshports.org
> to see the commit logs (or the archive for cvs-all).

This thread reminded me that I wanted to try the gpilotd stuff (currently
using coldsync), so I duly cvsupped and installed the ports:

gnomepilot-0.1.65_1
gnomepilot-conduits-0.9

I have a recollection that in Gnome1 there were a couple of Pilot icons in
the control center. SHould I be able to find them now?

If I click on 'Start here' on the desktop, or go through the
'Applications' menu and go through 'Desktop Preferences' I can't see
anything Pilot related.

I've also tried manually:

weasel:~ > gpilotd-control-applet

** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
Exiting...

Am I missing something, or is my Gnome2 b0rked? If it seems to be the
latter, I will just nuke all my gnome stuff and let it reinstall whilst I
sleep tonight :-)

	- Justin

--
justin@hawkins.id.au  |    "Don't sweat it --