Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:53:44 +0200
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi@oav.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netra T1 105 hme0 woes ?

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 03:55:37PM +0200, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> Hello Marius,
>
> > I don't think that Solaris disbales the internal PHY in this case.
> > The problem is some strangeness that when the unused PHY of the first
> > HME chip (either ukphy0 or ukphy1) is isolated from the MII bus the
> > whole bus wedges.
> > Could you give the patch at:
> > http://alchemy.franken.de/~marius/hme_luphy.diff
> > a try? Please start with an empty kernel build directory.
>
> Works like a charm and solved all my problems :)

Thank you very much for testing!

> Note I use FreeBSD 5.3-RC1... does this patch will be added to
> 5.3-RELEASE ?

No, certainly not, sorry. As it's no real showstopper on these
machines (simply leave it in autonegotiation mode ...) it's too
late in the release-cycle for such a change. Before committing
to -current I also want to give it some more thougths and test
it with some other Sun machines and cards also using a LU6612
PHY.

Marius