Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:12:30 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Advocacy List" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: Advocacy on FreeBSD-questions

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:46:28 +0000 (GMT), Jason C. Wells wrote:

>The -questions mailing list is a powerful tool for FreeBSD advocacy.

True, but that post really belonged to the advocacy list. :-)

>replies to questions are probably the single most significant venue for
>the non-FreeBSD community to learn who, what, and how we (the community)
>are.

Unfortunately I many times get the same feeling someone new to the camp
gets when he wrote "I can see why the BSDs are accused of been snobs".
Many of the replies are nothing more than insults to users who have
been frustrated already enough trying to look for things.

>FreeBSD-bies should conduct themselves as though they are in a customer
>service organization.

The newer a user the more clueles he/she will be and the most patience
one should have with them. Unfortunately what I see is that the
clueless the user the more rude people are to them.