Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 19:16:36 -0400
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@cola106.scsn.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port test builds?

On Mon, May 12, 1997 at 03:35:58PM -0800, Bill Fenner wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I realize that the act of making packages performs test builds of
> all of the packageable ports.  However, what about the IS_INTERACTIVE
> or NO_PACKAGE ports?  At least one (ucd_snmp) did not build as shipped
> on the 2.2 CDROM.  I don't think that's acceptable; if it doesn't build
> it should be marked BROKEN.
>
>   I realize that it's a lot to expect Satoshi to run through each
> IS_INTERACTIVE port and answer the questions right, but maybe this is
> a burden we can place on the port maintainers -- before a release, make
> absolutely sure that your port builds on that release or it gets marked
> BROKEN.
>
>   Any comments?
>
>   Bill

Now that you mention it, one of yours (sdr) appears to have been broken by
recent header-file changes.  Looks like <sys/time.h> needs to be included
before <net/if.h> in src/sdr.h to get struct timeval:

# cd /usr/ports/mbone/sdr
# make
>> Checksum OK for sdr.V2.3a1.tar.gz.
===>  Configuring for sdr-2.3a1
===>  Building for sdr-2.3a1
cd freebsd; gmake all
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/ports/mbone/sdr/work/freebsd'
cc -O2 -pipe -malign-loops=0 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -ggdb -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DFREEBSD -DNORANDPROTO -DDEFINED_ERRLIST -c ../src/bitmaps.c
cc -O2 -pipe -malign-loops=0 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -ggdb -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DFREEBSD -DNORANDPROTO -DDEFINED_ERRLIST -c ../src/bus.c
In file included from ../src/sdr.h:13,
                 from ../src/bus.c:33:
/usr/include/net/if.h:69: field `ifi_lastchange' has incomplete type
gmake[1]: *** [bus.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/mbone/sdr/work/freebsd'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1