Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 12:21:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with merging in local changes with CVS etc...

> > It involves a FreeBSD committer providing a branch tag for local
> > use by the committer -- one tag per thread of changes.
>
> Yep, but this wasn't the problem of the guy asking.  Your set of
> problems is quite different from his.

He wanted to commit changes to his local tree, and have them not
stomped on CVSup/CTM update.

This is exactly what I want.

I don't see why you think our needs are different.

The ability to have the commited changes revert the local branching
after the commit is a secondary issue, and relies on solving the
local commit problem, first.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org