Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 23:17:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Petrou <dpetrou@kinclaith.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Q] Making man pages...

I've recently written some software for FreeBSD and I would like to
write some man pages for them.  How do people make manpages today?  Do
they write in troff directly?  I know nothing of troff.  Are
there tools that perhaps convert a subset of TeX to troff?

Do people generally take existing man pages and modify them to create
new ones, or is there a blank template for new man pages?

I've checked the FAQ and Handbook and came up empty on this topic.

Thanks,
David

P.S.: Please reply to dpetrou@cs.cmu.edu besides the list, as I'm not
subscribed to these lists.