Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:21:26 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   1.3 and proxy

Hi,

I checked out mozilla 1.3 a couple of days ago and now finally managed
to compile it on a freshly installed 5.0 Release.
(my old 4.6R had come into age and so many gtk versions had been installed
gtk-config didn't work right any longer for the mozilla configure).

Anyway, what I found strange today when I first time ran mozilla 1.3
(/usr/local/bin/mozilla) on my notebook (on which I did the build).
The notebook is in a local network and doesn't have direct Internet access,
so I'm always using proxy settings to a Squid server which runs on my ISDN
gateway FreeBSD box (in this case). At another location I have DSL and
a 'direct' (via natd) connection via the Internet.

OK, I set the proxy address and ports in the preferences tab of the freshly
built mozilla.

Nothing happened. No connection to www.mozilla.org/start

Then I tried /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla (from ports) and it worked right away
with the proxy.

Any ideas?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de