Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:53:02 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, Jonathan Hamel <los_alamos@hotmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Swap strategy

Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru> types:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Jonathan Hamel <los_alamos@hotmail.com> types:
> > I'm curious - do you actually try browsers that aren't designed to
> > look as much alike as possible? W3m? Lynx? Links? Amaya? Opera?
> Well, I do commercial web programming, and people who pay money for my
> sites are not even aware about w3m/lynx/links existance (but I have lynx
> on my system and occasionaly test my sites with it).  Frankly, now with
> Netscape holding <20% share, it's probably not a big problem having the
> site working only in IE, and mozilla comes very closely to what regular
> Windoze user would see.

Well, I always considered it part of my professional duty to educate
my clients. Showing someone an IE-only site on a WAP phone is a good
way to convince them they should worry about other browsers; that's
*always* a big problem for the potential customer - who'll probably
never be a real customer.

	<mike