Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:48:53 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCL/TK ports problem

You're absolutely right.  I had just upgraded to 3.1 from 2.2.7 and
then upgraded the ports.  Since in 2.2.7 the ports only had x11 as
a dir for all x11 apps, and not the multiple dirs it has now, and
since upgrading didn't eliminate the other versions of the ports in
other dirs, I made the mistake of using the version of tk which was
in x11, which was the old 2.2.7 version.

I've found something I believe to be annoying with the XFree86 port.
Since some parts depend on a version (or versions) of tk, why doesn't
it check for its existance?  I upgraded tk8.1 and tried to reinstall
X but it still gave me missing TK errors (although quite a lot less
so it must have found at least some of what it was looking for).  I
then proceded to install tk8.0, tk4.2 and tk4.1 to be sure...  It then
went without a problem.

Thanks for the tip, it steered me in the right direction!

Manu