Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2012 02:24:14 +0200
From:      Michael Schuh <michael.schuh@gmail.com>
To:        Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [SOLVED] Re: battery state - hw.acpi.battery.life goes only down

sorry for the buzz...

2012/9/26 Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Michael Schuh <michael.schuh@gmail.com>w=
rote:

>> hmm, may be.
>> i didn't thinked about that lithium charging feature.
>> you may right with that.

Yes you are right with that point.

I have watched batteries cycle like that on OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD, and
> some versions of Windows; possibly more recent versions try to hide it.
>  It's also possible the ACPI BIOS normally hides it but needs some
> recalibration step (on Macs, for example, you need to fully charge then
> fully discharge then fully charge again to recalibrate it; I think that's
> common).

Yesi agree, this is the most logic explanation in our fantastic world.

>> but one point, this behaviour is new.
>> i made some tests to check if my conkyrc is right and there i haven't
>> wait that the battery is gone under 90%
>> for checking this. after i could confirm that the conkyrc is
>> syntactically correct, the battery reached 100% again.
>>

> That sounds like it is normal cycling then.

No idea why that box didn't showed that behaviour earlier.
i am fully sure that i made the same tests before and the charger did jump
in much time earlier.
may be, i was a bit impatient for now.

many thanks again.

cheers

m.

> --
> brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b@gmail.co=
> wandering unix systems administrator (available)     (412) 475-9364 vm/sm=

--=20
=3D =3D =3D  http://michael-schuh.net/  =3D =3D =3D
Projektmanagement - IT-Consulting - Professional Services IT
Michael Schuh
Postfach 10 21 52
66021 Saarbr=FCcken
phone: 0681/8319664
mobil:  0175/5616453
@: m i c h a e l . s c h u h @ g m a i l . c o m

=3D =3D =3D  Ust-ID:  DE251072318  =3D =3D =3D