Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:25:53 -0400
From:      Andrew Partan <asp@partan.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   firefox 1.5.0.7 core dumps, freebsd 4.11.p19

I running firefox 1.5.0.7 on a 386 under freebsd 4.11.p19.

It sometimes core dumps if I go to http://ironsystems.com
It sometimes core dumps if I go to http://npc.comicgenesis.com/
It sometimes core dumps if I go to http://nipandtuck.comicgenesis.com/
It sometimes core dumps if I go to http://utlt.comicgenesis.com/

I think these last 4 have to do with the ad that is being shown &
not the site itself, since it does not always core dump, and usually
if I go right back to the site after a core dump, it does not core
dump again.

I don't know why the 1st one core dumped; it core dumped 4 times
in a row and then didn't.  I don't see an ad.

These core dumps, esp the last 4, are nothing new - I've seen them
with previous versions of firefox as well.

Running gdb on the core does not get me very far as its not compiled
with any sort of debugging or symble table.

What other information would be useful to track this down?

Thanks,
	--asp@partan.com (Andrew Partan)

asp@grinch-143: uname -a
FreeBSD grinch.partan.com 4.11-RELEASE-p19 FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p19 #4: Sat Jul  1 18:37:45 EDT 2006     asp@test1.partan.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GRINCH  i386

asp@grinch-144: pwd;head Makefile
/usr/ports/www/firefox
# New ports collection makefile for:    phoenix
# Date created:                 2002/10/21
# Whom:                         Alan Eldridge <alane@FreeBSD.org>
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/www/firefox/Makefile,v 1.159 2006/09/14 12:35:34 ahze Exp $
#   $MCom: ports/www/firefox/Makefile,v 1.29 2006/02/01 02:11:23 ahze Exp $
#

PORTNAME=       firefox
DISTVERSION=    1.5.0.7