Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:33:55 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Powerbook G4 question

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:56:30 -0400
Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've gotten hold of one. Now, is the airport card on it the same that
> Justin Hibbits was writing a driver for or is the card another model?

I think the answer may vary, depeing on what model PB G4, and if the card was there from the start or was added later.
My PowerBook G4 supposedly has an "Airport Extreme" card.
pciconf -lvc output says this:
siba_bwn0@pci1:0:18:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x004e106b chip=0x432014e4 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = '802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (BCM4309)'
    class      = network
    cap 01[40] = powerspec 2  supports D0 D1 D2 D3  current D0
So far I 'haven't gotten it to work.
Note: this was back in 2011 - I haven't really tested FreeBSD on this PB since.

HTH
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@getmail.no>