Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:21:55 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to populate /etc/ssl/certs

On 12/16/21 03:03, Kyle Evans wrote:

Hello.
(And thanks for you time).

> Both; installworld rehashes once and the DESTDIR becomes populated
> with whatever's present at the time for the purposes of populating an
> image root or what-have-you. etcupdate will do it again, operating
> under the theory that it's running on the live system, which may have
> more roots present to grab than we did previously.

So are we expected to run etcupdate after, e.g., installing
security/ca_root_nss?

> installworld has done it more or less since introduction,
> freebsd-update will do it as of more recent versions if that's how
> you're updating jails.

I'm not using freebsd-update at all (only source updates).
For jails I use:
_ first, "ezjail-update -i" which should do something like "make -D
/usr/jails/basejail installworld";
_ then, for each jail, "etcupdate -D /usr/jails/{$JAIL}".

This doesn't seem to do the trick.

Is there a command I can run manually to perform this job?

  bye & Thanks
	av.