Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:19:47 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Randy -Harborside Internet <randymb@harborside.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, John Fox <foxden@harborside.com>, Jack Worrall <worrall@harborside.com>
Subject:   Re: TX buffer in 4.3

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

Randy -Harborside Internet(randymb@harborside.com)@2001.07.03 13:53:43 +000=
0:
> =20
> We are having a problem with our mail server. It recently got
> upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2, and now it is having problems with the TX
> buffer somehow on the network card. Every once in awhile it will shut
> off all network traffic and give these errors:
> no memory for tx listrl0
> Then in a few minutes (presumably when the buffer is flushed somehow)
> the network device resumes normal operation.
> We have tried 3 different NICs, and all have had the same problem.
> The three models were:
> 1. Realtek RTL8139A 10/100TX
> 2. Intel chipset:82558B
> 3. 3Com somethingerather.=20
>=20
> We are running with 512MB of RAM, and it usually has about 200 or
> more megs free at the time of this occurance.

in this case i think putting
    options NMBCLUSTERS=3D32768
in your kernel config would solve this problem

also bumping up MAXUSERS helps...

/k

--=20
> Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46
Please do not remove my address from To: and Cc: fields in mailing lists. 1=
0x

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd

--WYTEVAkct0FjGQmd--