Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/20914: netscape enters busy-loop

The following reply was made to PR ports/20914; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To: marka@nominum.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

 On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 marka@nominum.com wrote:

 > 	Netscape stops responding to keyboard / refresh / mouse / focus or
 > 	window destroy and enter a busy loop.  This usually happens within
 > 	a hour of use, though I have had it occur within 30 seconds.  The
 > 	only recover is to kill the process.

 Welcome to the wonderful world of Netscape for unix.

 This has always been the case, and there's nothing we can do about
 it. Some people report better stability with the Linux version, and it
 definitely helps if you disable java (java has never worked right on any
 version of Netscape for unix that I've used, and netscape obviously dont
 care enough to fix it)

 Kris