Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 1995 00:18:15 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Non-Intel Hardware and FreeBSD

Question:
	Is it possible, or is there work in progress, to change the
structure of the kernel and other sources to allow for multiple
hardware platforms in the FreeBSD project?

I know that NetBSD does this, but at least in the 2.0.5 sources I have
I don't see anything like like non-i386 support present.  Yet I've
read, in other forums, that FreeBSD is being ported to other OSes.
Did I miss something, or did I read something out of context about
NetBSD and/or Linux?

You see, I have this odd-ball ARCBIOS MIPS box that I'd love to have a
non Microsoft OS for...

Warner