Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:13:46 -0500
From:      Stephen Couchman <scouch@io.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

I am trying to setup a PPP connection from my FreeBSD system to my ISP.  I am
trying to use dynamic IP with either kernel PPP (pppd) or user ppp.

I am not having much luck with either! :-((

When I try using pppd, my ISP and my system try to negotiate the connection,
but my ISP eventually hangs up.  I am using PPP and Trumpet Winsock on my PC
with my ISP with no problems.

I have tried the suggestions in the Handbook, but I guess I need more
hand-holding! :-((

Any help, suggestions, sample FreeBSD setup files (/etc/ppp/options, et
al) would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks -- Stephen
Stephen Couchman    | scouch@io.org