Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:02:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sourav Ghosh <sourav@modern.art.cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with freebsd

Hello,

I have 3 machines running FreeBSD 2.2.1Release.

I have 2 Dell dimension XPSD300 ( Pentium II, 300Mhz) PCs , each with ~6.3GB
hard disk. I installed everything well. Both were working fine until today
when I tried to reboot one machine after making some changes in the network
configuration, and now I can't get past the 'F?' prompt.
 But the other machine of the same type is working fine even after reboot. I
checked your FAQ about  this problem but it seems unlikely that there is a
problem with the Disk geometry since another machine of the same geometry( same
BIOS settings)& the same freebsd(2.2.1)  is working perfectly well(from where
 I am sending this mail).

I have another PC which has PPP network interface(for modem).
This machine for some reason fails to communicate with other FreeBSD machines
through telnet or ftp. In both the cases, it halts after it gets 'connected'
and after sometime the connection gets closed.

If you want to know any more information in detail, let me know.

Thanks.

Sourav ghosh
Masters Student in Electrical & Computer Engineering

Office:                                               Home:
Research Assistant                                    334, Aptt# 1,
Real-time and Multimedia Laboratory                   Melwood Avenue
Department of Computer Science                        North Oakland
Carnegie Mellon University                            Pittsburgh
Phone:(412)268-7655                                   PA 15213
Fax  :                                                Phone: (412)621-7908
URL  :http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rtmach(Research)
Email:sourav@cs.cmu.edu