Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:18:33 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, David Xu <davidx@viasoft.com.cn>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch sets to date and timing tests with Giant out of userret.

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:12:48PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> I'm working on porting the latest beta release of Subversion, which
> does all that and more, and has much better diff support than
> Perforce.  After using Perforce for my PAM work, I've come to the
> conclusion that although it's a big step forward from CVS in one
> direction (change management & branching), it's a big step backward in
> almost every other direction.

I can't comment on Perforce, but I can add that I liked subversion even
when it wasn't self hosting; it appears promising to say the least.

As for your port, there already is a /usr/ports/devel/subversion; it points
you to the port skeleton for version r909. Is yours better/different?

--Stijn

--=20
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.  It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8--