Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:02:39 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yamamoto Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new ath+hal

Hi, all

Sam> I committed a new ath hal and driver mods last week.  The most
Sam> noticeable change is support for "recent" parts.  With this version all
Sam> currently shipping pci/cardbus products should be supported except for
Sam> those based on the pre-11n MIMO part.  There are also new builds for
Sam> sparc64, powerpc, and alpha (alpha is untested, the others are known to
Sam> work).

I have a trouble after this commit.

In my home and my office, "broadcast SSID in beacon" is disabled.
Before this commit, I have no trouble.
But, after that, my note PC can't associate any AP in my home and my office.

When I change "broadcast SSID in beacon" enable at my home, my note PC can
associate to AP at my home.

I watch wpa_supplicant debug message.
wpa_supplicant can't select AP, because wpa_supplicant can't get AP's SSID
when "broadcast SSID in beacon" is disabled.

Does anyone know how to solve this trouble?
#Should I hack wpa_supplicant? or ath hal and driver?

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru	<shigeru@iij.ad.jp>