Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:24:19 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@netcologne.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MANUAL_FETCH

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:14:08PM -0000, Thomas-Martin Seck wrote:
> * Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> [gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports]:
>=20
> > It would be nice if there were an option within this to specify a local
> > source for manually fetched distfiles so that you could fetch the file
> > once for several machines and have it usable in an automated way.  I'm
> > thinking of something like:
> >=20
> > MASTER_SITE_MANUAL
>=20
> You can (ab)use MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE for this.
> Put
> MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?=3Dftp://<your.local.mirror>/path/to/mirror/${DIST_S=
UBDIR}/
> in /etc/make.conf.

Not for manually fetched distfiles (at least not in java/jdk14).  I
use the other trick all the time at work since we've got a FreeBSD ftp
mirror, but I'm thinking it would be useful to be able to try a local
source for dist files that have to be manually obtained.

-- Brooks

--=20

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--