Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 12:02:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Customer Support <support@invictanet.co.uk>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp & telnet

I am not sure if I understand.  Are you using telnet and ftp to access the
servers from the same network?  You are not trying to directly access a
192.168.*.* address from outside the network, are you?

Can you provide some more details?  Can you ping localhost on the new
server from the console?  Can you ping any of the other hosts on the
network?  Can you telnet or ftp to any other host?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?