Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 1995 21:11:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   packages and ports -- OK?

I have gotten at least two things from the packages (bash and tcsh)
that seemed to have unpacked OK, but when I try to run them, I get
an error message like this:
ld.so: bash: libgcc.so.261.0: Undefined error: 0

I was able to use the ports tree to recompile tcsh for myself,
but the MASTER_SITE listed in the makefile for bash reports
"permission denied."

This business of having ports that go out and fetch the apporpriate
version is totally cool and absolutely great, but I think that it
will be very important to have 1) known stable servers and 2)
backup servers in the Makefiles...

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417