Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:36:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@libdns.qc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   trying to compile wminet

Hi!

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, or misplaced or whatever.. but I'm
having problems compiling something that could somehow become a fbsd
port... It is a windowmaker module called wminet. (has someone achieved
this anyways?).

My first problem is that I get messages like:
wminet.c:442: warning: implicit declaration of function `setutent'
wminet.c:443: warning: implicit declaration of function `getutent'
wminet.c:443: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
wminet.c:445: structure has no member named `ut_type'
wminet.c:445: `USER_PROCESS' undeclared (first use this function)
wminet.c:445: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
wminet.c:445: for each function it appears in.)
wminet.c:451: warning: implicit declaration of function `endutent'

This is simple curiosity in fact... Does someone knows what are these for?
I know that the program is made to be compiled under Linux. Maybe there is
an equivalent in FreeBSD (should be?!). I think theses functions are used
to get info about logged in users...

But this is not the real problem, as I can easily compile the program
without this functionality...

what bothers me is that when I comment out the preceding parts, I get
this:
cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -g -c -Wall wminet.c -o wminet.o
cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -g -c -Wall ../wmgeneral/wmgeneral.c -o
../wmgeneral/wmgeneral.o
cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -g -c -Wall ../wmgeneral/misc.c -o
../wmgeneral/misc.o
cc -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -g -c -Wall ../wmgeneral/list.c -o
../wmgeneral/list.o
cc -O2 -g -o wminet  -lXext -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXext -lX11
/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `main'
*** Error code 1 (continuing)

What is _that_??? crt1.o?

I don't understand... I'm sorry if I'm asking too much here... :)

thanks and ciao!

When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I can witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home