Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2017 01:42:38 +0100
From:      Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>
To:        vagner <george@vagner.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to get into single user mode

>>>>> "vagner" == vagner  <george@vagner.com> writes:

 vagner> i made a mistake in my /etc/fstab on an external drive setting
 vagner> not on the boot device and the system wont boot, it stops after
 vagner> the ethernet detection and then random unblocking device.

 vagner> as the system boots up it does show to press a key to get into
 vagner> single user mode but the keyboard is not initialized yet.

You don't say what hardware this is? But my guess is that it's expecting
a serial console, and so the single-user prompts are going there rather
than to the screen. (I had that a lot when first setting up the RPI.)

--
Andrew.