Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:34:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RBC support patch

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >  What will be interesting is seeing if this would fix all the SCSI->USB
> >quirks along the way (i.e. do they report themselves as SCSI3 conforming?).
> >
> >  I'll make up a quick patch and post it for review shortly.
>
> We should adjust dynamically.  This really shouldn't be too hard
> to do.  Then all of the black list items go away.  I'll see about
> whipping up a patch for this.  It's been going on for too long and
> my prodding at others to do the work hasn't been successful, so I'll
> just go do it. 8-)
>
> --
> Justin

  What do you mean by "adjust dynamically"?  Are you proposing to convert 6
byte commands to 10 byte commands once the 6 byte version fails?  If so, I
could easily whip that up later this afternoon as jhb already added this
functionality to umass a while back; it just needs to be moved to scsi_da.
However, I thought this was frowned upon for some reason.

  Kelly
  kbyanc@{posi.net,FreeBSD.org}