Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 11:07:13 -0200 (IST)
From:      Edward Beili <edward@cpm.elex.co.il>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sneezy.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the IBM ThinkPAD?

	Hello Nate,

If I am not mistaken IBM ThinkPAD's have a Modem/Sound card based
on the IBM's own MWAVE DSP. Did you have any luck with it under
FreeBSD? Do you know of anyone who was able to use it under FreeBSD
or someone who is writing/wrote a device for it?

Thank you,
-Edward

On Fri, 21 Jul 1995, Nate Williams wrote:

> FreeBSD does run on many notebooks.  *HOWEVER*, I have not had the best
> of luck running FreeBSD on my 750C using pre-2.0.5 sources.  Basically,
> I had to hack the bootblocks to work with the 2.88MB floppy, and I had
> to hack on the bootblock console probe code to remove some of serial
> checking code.

... rest of the message is deleted

--
        __       Edward Beili  | e-mail: edward@cpm.elex.co.il