Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:02:32 -0800
From:      Michael Peer <mpeer@gwc.cccd.edu>
To:        "Jason Wilson" <jasonw@glycerine.mulberry.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Password change via Web page

At 11:51 AM 1/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Jan 30,  6:08pm, Brandon Gillespie wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Password change via Web page
>> > Does anyone know of a method whereby a user can change his or her password
>> > via a web page just using netscape or any other common browser?
[ snip ]
>The script doesn't necessarily have to run as root.  The way we do it here is
>the cgi contacts our POP Password server (written by Qualcomm) and lets it do
>the password change.  This isn't any less secure than letting a user
>telnet/ftp/pop3 into your server since the password is sent cleartext anyways.

I have been working on that idea, but I don't have mine done.  Wouild you
mind sharing?  I hate reinventing the wheel.

>Jason
>
>--
>Uniquest On-Line Services		Tel: +1 (613) 345-6061
>173 King St. W. 			Fax: +1 (613) 345-6062
>Brockville, Ontario 			Brockville's first and only
>K6V 3R6					full service Internet Provider.

Michael Peer
Data Electronics Technician I          Golden West College
Computer Services Center               15744 Goldenwest St.
                                       Huntington Beach, CA 92647

e-mail:  mpeer@gwc.cccd.edu            Voice: (714)892-7711 ext 55067
WWW:     http://pioneer.gwc.cccd.edu   FAX:   (714)895-8980