Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:41:02 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        Ben Paley <ben@spooty.net>
Subject:   Re: kernel panic messages?

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 12:16:51PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:13 pm, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > But, yes -- generally unless you're prepared to cope with crashes and
> > do some debugging work, you shouldn't be running current.  What
> > happens if you CVS up the latest RELENG_5_2 sources, do a full
> > buildworld, etc. cycle and then try your custom kernel config.
>=20
> 5.2.1 deals with security issues and kernel panics. Perhaps this may help=
? I'm=20
> jumping in late on this thread - so forgive me if this was mentioned.

Yes -- and 5.2.1-RELEASE-p1 is the system version you will obtain by
cvsup'ing the latest RELENG_5_2 sources and building the world, as I
suggested.

See:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh?rev=3D1.5=
6.2.8&content-type=3Dtext/x-cvsweb-markup&only_with_tag=3DRELENG_5_2

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way