Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:23:57 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can only mount system read-only?

Hey All,

It was suggested that I email this problem to this list since for the past
weeks (on and off) I can get no resolution from the questions list.

I have Debian Linux and FreeBSD system. Debian being my main OS right now,
but I think FreeBSD would an upgrade. While in Debian I re-partitioned a
partition into two. Then next time I booted FreeBSD it gave me an error that
it could not read the partition that I re-made. Fine, I thought, I'll edit
/etc/fstab and be done with it. Wrong answer. I can only mount the
filesystem as read only.
I have tried the fixit disk but no help. I can mount all the partitions and
access everything that exist on my FreeBSD drive, but I can not write or
delete any file, except in /var which totally has left me clueless. Can
anyone help!

PS. I'm not subscribed to this list so please respond to me.
Roderick P. Person
Programmer I
CCBH (412)454-2616

 "We're not that good. Everyone else just sucks!"
         - anon. Navy Seal