Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:08:56 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSH and SecureCRT

	Ok, I'm to the point where I'm beyond stumped on this.  I've been playing
with this, but I'm unsure of how to attack this.  I'm trying to setup one
of our boxes to be as limited access as possible without totally locking it
down, and one of the things we're doing is to limit who has open SSH access
to the box.  I'm using Marty Schlacter's firewall building guide
(http://www.schlacter.net:8500/public/FreeBSD-STABLE_and_IPFILTER.html) as
a reference for setting up my rules to do just that.  His rules setup SSH
in such a way that either you have the private key on your system, or the
SSHD won't accept any connections from you.  I like that.  SO instead of
the machine advertising its DSA keys to the world, only those who I want to
connect to the computer can, and only via SSH.

	Now here's my problem.  I'm currently using SecureCRT 3.x as our SSH
client and I'm beyond stumped as to how to get it to set the private key
for that connection so I can use it to connect to the server while locking
out those who I don't want to have access.  SecureCRT has a section for a
public key, nothing for a private key, and I can't get it to take the DSA
key that I have for the system and use it.  Anyone know how to do this or
do I need to resort to using a different program if this one won't do
that?  Thanks for the help.