Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:19:22 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        Mark Peek <mark@whistle.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kldxref broken, maybe?

Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <p05100307b7cfef6da22f@[207.76.207.129]> Mark Peek writes:
> : Install a -current kernel on a 4.X or pre-kldxref (before 9/10/01)
> : 5.X system. I sent a note to Warner mentioning he might want to put a
> : comment about this in UPDATING.
>
> I'm just unsure how to describe it...

It is actually non-fatal.  It should probably be added to the list
of tools to build for making the kernel.

It is probably worth having the rc scripts attempt to "refresh" it at
bootup as well..  ie, something roughly like this:
foreach $path (`sysctl -n kern.module_path | sed -e 's/;/ /`)
  if (-d $path)
    kldxref $path
  endif
endfor