Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 22:30:19 -0400
From:      tcobb <tcobb@staff.circle.net>
To:        "'Greg Lehey'" <grog@lemis.com>, "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: panic: biodone buffer not busy (2.2.6 with DPT)

Actually, from PRs on this same panic, it appears to be unrelated to
exact hardware, excepting that it be a SCSI subsystem.

CAM should supposedly fix this IF you're running one of the supported
cards (I'm not).

This has been quite a crippling bug for a "stable" OS version.  We now
see panics about every 1.5 days, without warning of course.

We're going to roll a 3.0-current release, make sure it is solid, and
use that instead.  I'd be happy to make the snapshot we create publicly
available for use.  From hints from other core folks (Thanks John!), it
looks like the 11 May 98 -current will likely be the base for it.

Thanks!

- Troy Cobb
Circle Net, Inc.