Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:24:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        John M Vinopal <banshee@gabriella.abattoir.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qcam software

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, John M Vinopal wrote:

> I've got a qcam ball on a 2.2.5 system.  Using qcamcontrol I can grab pics
> but they contain an incorrect image: split the image in 60/40 and flip the
> 60 on its xaxis and thats what I get.

It's been a long time since I tried it, but I believe a coworker has my
quickcam on a 2.2.5 box and is running no problems.

Did you try building the driver into the kernel?

disable lpt0 and add:

device	qcam0 	at isa? port 0x278 irq 7 flags 0x1

> b) Is there an X front end?  (Lots of them for linux it seems)

I have an old program `xfqcam' that uses libqcam.a and works.

> c) Has anyone gotten a better soln to the contrast/brightness issue than
> the previously posted method of hexdumping for white and decrementing?

Manually tweaking.

> d) Has anyone noticed that the pictures are much closer in than the
> equivalent on a mac?  Something like 2x zoom (and no I have no zoom settings)

qcamcontrol can set the magnification.