Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 96 14:29:11 EST
From:      jeffa@sybase.com (Jeff Anuszczyk)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jeffa@sybase.com
Subject:   NFS in Sun environment

Hi All,
   I think I understand the weak authentication problem that NFS on non-Sun
platforms has when trying to mount a Sun exported NIS NFS disk.  So, since
I don't run the Sun servers I'm trying to work around this.  One of the
things that we do have is pcnfsd running to allow PC's to authenticate
themselves when they want to mount NFS stuff.  Usually this is intended
for product like Netmanage ChameleonNFS.

   Is there any way that I can convince mount to contact a pcnfsd for
authentication when doing a mount to a Sun System?  This would allow me
to get around this problem using an already existing solution.  If not,
any ideas how hard it would be to cobble up a mount_nfs to do this?

Thanks,
   - Jeff