Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:43:48 +0500 (YEKT)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gtk12 doesn't compile

> > glib-1.2.10_7
> > glib-1.2.10_8
> > glib-1.2.8
>
> Looks like a problem with your glib12 install.  My recommendation is to
> remove all three of these versions, then reinstall glib12 from ports.

glib12 was reinstalled from ports collection today right after I did
buildworld/installworld

libglib12.so (which is mentioned not to have required symbols) is dated
of December 1 2002

> That will clean up your tree a bit, and solve your undefined symbol
> errors.
>
> You will also need to do a forced upgrade of gettext (from ports) to the
> latest version.  Looks like you may have installed glib and gettext from
> packages.

gettext and glib12 are cvsuped also today and they were rebuilt right
after buildworld/installworld.

buildworld/installworld were performed with:

COMPAT3X = yes

(that line was in /etc/make.conf)

> One other thing to check is to make sure your kernel and world are in
> sync.  That is a must when trying to build ports or install packages.

yes, kernel was also rebuilt. It is just plain GENERIC kernel. nothing
really special.