Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:35:29 -0400
From:      jsegovia@cnc.una.py
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   keep-state and fwd

I'd like to know if anyone is using ipfw with keep-state
and fwd (forwarding). I'm having trouble getting it
to work.

For example, if I have the following:

 ipfw add 10 check-state
 ipfw add 20 deny tcp from any to any established
 ipfw add 30 fwd 127.0.0.1,2525 tcp from _my_net_ to any 25 setup \
    keep-state
 ipfw add 40 allow tcp from _my_net_ to any setup keep-state
 ipfw add 50 deny tcp from any to any

And then
   $ telnet 127.0.0.1 25

I get an instant panic (double fault)

If I telnet to another machine
   $ telnet some_other_machine 25

the connection is never established but an error is also
never returned.

If keep-state is not used (that is, fwd without keep-state)
everything works fine but unfortunately I need ipfw to be
stateful.

I'm using -current and cvsup'd yesterday.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Juan
--
Centro Nacional de Computacion