Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:49:07 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        "Matt Behrens" <matt@zigg.com>, "John Fieber" <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        "Chris Stenton" <jacs@gnome.co.uk>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: old version of PAM in 3.0-stable stopping Samba working?

I was able to compile and run samba OK.  However, I can not get swat to work
under 3.0-* no matter what I try.  I can not log in, it just won't
authenticate.  I read earlier that if you manually compile samba without PAM
options, it will work, otherwise it won't.  I use samba 2.0.0 on FreeBSD
2.2.8 without any problem (other than swat doesn't work for configuring home
directories very well).

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com

->Unless the port has been updated again in the past few days, I'm